Would you have another if....

Would you have another child if you were living paycheck to paycheck? I know my husbands job is secure so that is a plus but we are barely making ends meet and he brings home 75,000 a year! We want another so bad but not sure if we should wait. We are not getting any younger either! What would you do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• People always say if you wait until you are ready, you'll never have kids. If you are seriously struggling, maybe it's a good idea to wait but if you are making ends meet and would just need to make some adjustments to your everyday living to accomodate another family member then do what will make you happy as long as it's what you both want.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If your clock is ticking loudly and hubby's on-board I'd go ahead. You can usually find ways to stretch your budget when you have to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We have actively tried TTC twice (once for my daughter and once for the pregnancy I'm not carrying) barely making it paycheck to paycheck. You make it work. I think the bigger issue is the long term--- so what if you're paycheck to paycheck for another couple years? As long as things will get looser later, you'll be fine. (I'm excited to say that my husband is finally finishing his bachelors this coming spring--- things might losen up considerably by the end of next year or we'll buckle down for another 5+ years of med school and residency).

Also, check out Dave Ramsey--- my favorite financial guru. Following his plan, chances are you could make a huge difference in the next year before a baby would come.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• on $75000 a year if I only had 1 child, I could afford another one or two. You can find a way to stretch it. It may mean shopping at discount stores and getting clearance or second hand, but it can be done.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Have the same situation as yours, I would really want to have another kid soon. Since my eldest daughter is a special child I am hoping and praying that the next one will be normal.
    mother4ever0426

Answer by mother4ever0426 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We are living paycheck to paycheck and we are ttc #3
    Anonymous

• We also live paycheck to paycheck but we're ttc our #2 his #3
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We are living paycheck to paycheck and TTC baby #2
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009