Do you have your I.C.E filled out on your cell phone?

In Case of Emergency. I was hit by a car last year. Ileft my purse in the car and the first person to the scene found my phone. Thankfully I had my name, addy, phone number, blood type, allergies, drs info all listed. I also had notes about how to call my hubby (must try at least 3 times from MY phone, otherwise he won't pick up), my parents and my ex husband (his number, his wifes number, his work number and home number) to let them know what was going on.
By the time the Ambulance got there, the lady was talking to my exhusbands wife telling her what was going on. I was also getting the correct care (allergic to a few common pain drips), and my dr was already on the way to the hospital.
The kids were picked up on time from school (happened 20 min before school let out), and everything was taken care of.
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure your I.C.E is filled out on your phone! You never know when someone will need to use i

54313MomOf4Boys

Asked by 54313MomOf4Boys at 10:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Technology

• FORGOT TO SAY It means IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL SO just put in the number of the person you need to be notified You also can just add it type I C E AND police or any Emergency will know who to call if you need it.
    Anonymous

• Did it a long time ago but thanks for the reminder
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yeah, whoever started that wasn't associated with the healhcare industry or any part of it - hubby's ain EMT and none of the ones in our county (they have monthly meetings with all EMTs in the county) had ever heard of that. So while it may be a good idea, it's not very well known, at all. Everyone I've ever said anything to about it has been clueless too. Considering cafemom's the first and only place I've ever heard of it...I can't help but think it was started by someone on here and never made it very far in the real world.
    Anonymous

• That is really odd.....right on my phone at the TOP of my contacts list says ICE, i did NOT program it into my phone, it came standard. I knew about it from classes (I had to take first responder classes while I receiving my police science degree), but never thought much of it. If it wasn't programed in, I would never had used it. The first person on the scene was a 59 year old SAHM for 40 years, with NO first aid education, except raising her kids....I still stay in contact with her!

not sure what county you are in (or state), but that is one of the first things they teach when they talk about trying to identify the person or family. They look through the phone to find someone listed as "mom/dad/hubby/wife" or the most frequently called number.

Maybe you should talk to your hubby and he can bring it up at the next meeting. Good luck with that.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 12:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• This isn't on my phone either. I have heard about it, but as the PP only here on CM.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• YES
    Anonymous

• I don't have an ICE listed, but I do have my contacts listed like this (Steve/Husband, etc)....I figured they would know to call the husband.
    Anonymous