Is it weird to start college to be a teacher at 25?

Most new teachers are so young I would feel old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope. Never too old to learn. Im 23 and Im going back to school in Jan.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 10:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No! Go for it girl!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Old!? College students are all ages. There was a 92 year old student at a university where I worked.

Community colleges are your best bet for the first 2 years. They are the cheapest and usually have a lot of online courses. There should be no problem transfering credits to your state's universities.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• nope...im 25 and re-starting the Spring semester...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• When I was growing up my best friend's mom went back to school in her mid-late thirties to become a teacher. She is now nearing 50 and is the most loved 6th grade teacher at her school. My mom went back to college (for a completely different degree) when she was 50. It's never too late.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well, I will tell you this. You will have the advantage when it comes time to get a job. You won't appear to be so young that no one could possibly take you seriously. My youngest had a long term sub last year who graduated with my oldest. Trust me, she was not prepared to take over a classroom mid year. She would have been completely lost if it hadn't been a planned absence on the regular teacher's part with a lesson plan developed and organized.
    Anonymous

• Personally I'd feel like you are more reliable because you are older.
    At the same time I don't think you're that old!
    So yeah, go back to school. It's worth it :)
    Anonymous