*Imaginary Friends * Does your child(ren) have any? Did you growing up? Just curious...

Does your child play and talk with an imaginary friend? Do they have a name? Can they seen them and tell what they look like, what they are wearing?

Do you think it is an overactive imagination or could they really be speaking and playing with a spirit of one passed?

How do you feel about that?

I ask this as the home I grew up in I saw an indian and two spanish men. We never talked but I would see them as a child. I got afraid as I got older of them cause I did not see AND hear them, I only heard them and I did not like that I could not see them. My fear took that ability away.

But I can sense them around me now, or if a place has some one in it. Not all the time, depends how strong the energy is in the house.

Do you encourage your child to not be afraid or do you ignore it out of your own fears?

Ever find out the imaginary friend WAS real & actually lived before in the house you are in now?

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 10:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is too young for that yet, but I will encourage her to have 'imaginary' friends. I had many 'friends' when I was little. One was an old lady I called granny in the woods and sky. I used to tell my father things she would say about our family, which happened to be true. He believes I was talking to his recently passed grandmother. I remember actually seeing some of my friends and can still remember what they look like. I believe children are more open to seeing what is truly there.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had imaginary friends when I was a child, although my were truly imaginary and I just made them up and would tell my parents about them, I would also pretend to talk to them etc...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My mom said that I had imaginary friends when I was little but I don't remember. My son doesn't have imaginary friends but has a very big imagination... that's for sure.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had a few imaginary friends, I think. My kids don't really seem to, but I think that's partly b/c they are ALWAYS playing with each other. I have to make them play separately as a punishment, they love each other so much. lol They certainly have the imagination to have them, though. I know my imagination was just wild...still is, to a degree, just goes in a different direction than it did as a kid.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No, but I spent a lot of time with a stuffed dog, lol, and greatly humanized him and attributed him special powers that I used to comfort myself. :) I had a great imagination as a child, still do, but thankfully I never had any invisible friends, real or imaginary. Probably would've freaked my mom out, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes my DD had someone she talked who she called "Ahboodahbe" IDK what that meant, but a few days before our G'pa passed away she drew a picture of him laying down with a cross above him she said "Nana tell me G'pa go home" "he be OK" "but everyone be sad" She could barley talk yet and didn't know there was anything wrong with Grandpa or what death was. She only met Nana when she was a baby and has no memory of her. My whole family was freaked out. I always encouraged her to talk to them and not be scared.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I didn't have imaginary friends growing up. And my DS is too young for that right now. I believe in the hype about chilren being able to see spirits of those that passed. But I've had enough experiences w/ the paranormal to not question it. But when my DS is old enough I'll encourage it.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son had an imaginary friend who apparently looked like a skeleton. His name for it was Skeleton. He arrived around Halloween time. He left after about a year of less. I had an imaginary house instead of a person. 

Anonymous