My hubby and I do xmas and new year's eve. It seems no one in the family wants to do Thanksgiving. So my mom and dad are going to my sil's sister. Now of course hubby is not saying anything for his side of the family. What should I say that I do not want to do Thanksgiving? We are the holiday servants .

Should I tell him that we should go out? Or make a meal and bring it over to my mil's house? I am so tired of this drama. Please advice .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• Same thing happend to us a few years ago. We did Thanksgiving and Christmas eve and no one wanted to do Christmas Day and New Year. We were so piss off because is like they expected for us to do all the Holiday parties so we said NO and ''too bad if no one can neither we can'' they realized and my BIL did something in he's house.

nily

Answer by nily at 3:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Why not go to your sister's?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It is my sister-in-law's sister's father-in-law house where Thanksgiving is taking place for my mom and dad. I was not invited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If everyone is doing their own thing...I would do my own thing w/my family...go out or stay in and make your own little dinner
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You can do Thanksgiving as your own little family. We're doing that this year for a change, and I can tell you the pressure I normally fell at this time of year (Thanksgiving we usually had about 30+ people to feed) is not nearly as much as it has been in previous years. I think celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends is wonderful, but occasionally you might need a break from it especially if you are the one hosting ALL the time! Cook a little turkey breast, some sides, and some desserts and just have a dinner, just you and your little family. I'm looking forward to a peaceful day at home, and a nice meal that evening along with maybe a Christmas movie that night!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• then why not do something with just you and dh.... make your own dinner.. or do nothing at all...
    ppl now-a-days tend to make a big deal out of who is doing what, when and where when it comes to holiday gatherings...
    We do it this way... Christmas is ALWAYS at my home.... Thanksgiving is picked up by either my MIL or myself depending if MIL is in the mood to cook...There is no drama when it is done this way...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• sounds good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Go on vacation. LOL
    Anonymous

• Be glad you don't have my family. I do Thanksgiving every year since I moved back up here from Fla. 7 years ago, yet every year my sister doesn't come and my mom has only been here 1x. My ex step father comes but only if we have our dinner a little later so he can go to my friends house. No one does Christmas and no one does Easter. Yet none can bother to show up for Thanksgiving. I think my brother is doing Christmas this year but we do Kwanzaa too and every one seems to come for that!

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No one does Christmas and no one does Easter. Yet none can bother to show up for Thanksgiving. -------- Ilelongtojesus

Whatever happened to the Norman Rockwell image?  =[

Anonymous