For pro-life moms?

I am very pro-life and think the only case abortion should only be allowed if the mom will die without it. And I always said I would not have one even then. But I recently realized my 1st pregnancy was an eptopic (sp?). I also had a tumor they discovered so that was removed. So I'm not really sure what happened, it's all blur, I was so upset and really didn't ask questions. But I think I let them kill my baby! Am I am hypocrite? Or just a horrible person????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• You didn't really have a baby, though...ectopic or whatever pregnancies aren't viable fetuses.

I'm so sorry. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You had an ectopic pregnancy, would you have rather let the baby and your tubes explode, because that's what would have happend, so NO you aren't a hippocrite
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• errr, no it wasnt even a fetus most likely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If I understand properly, your baby would not have been able to survive regardless, so I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You had no control over the situation. You shouldn't punish yourself because as a christian you know that God is a forgiving God. Its ok to mourn your loss but it is time to move on.
    living4mykids

Answer by living4mykids at 11:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am pro-life too. There is nothing wrong with what you did. You didnt have a choice with an ectopic pregnancy. There is no way that the baby could have survived and it could have killed you.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'm pro-life. My third pregnancy occurred after I had my tubes tied. The embryo couldn't find its way inside my uterus, so it attached itself to the outside of my uterus. At first, we couldn't find the baby, so I had blood test done 2-3 times a week for several weeks. When my hormone levels began to drop, the doctor ordered surgery. He found the baby behind my uterus. The placenta had torn away because of my cycle's contractions, so I was bleeding into my abdominal cavity. He removed my baby and stopped the bleeding. There was no other choice.

You did nothing wrong. Ectopic pregnancies are not only non-viable, they are often detrimental to the mother. I have grieved my baby for years, and I still honor his due date and death date every year. Grief is normal, but please work to let go of your guilt. Hugs for you, hon.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• So do you think that birth control pills should be illegal? They allow conception to occur...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OP-no rkoloms I don't think BC should be illegal but I don't use it for that very reason.
    Anonymous

• hehe Birthcontrol being Illegal lololol What the heck, where did that come from ?

Anyway, No, My Aunt had the same thing happen to her and her Dr. told her the baby would not make it. She was very upset and wanted to KEEP the baby, but he said it wouldnt grow there. So there was really nothing you could have done other then let it go and have problems with your tubes later.
    TiffBryan

Answer by TiffBryan at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2009