Can my SO still join military?

My fiance has a metal rod in his leg from his knee to his hip from a car accident he was involved in when he was a teen...he can't run very far or fast.

In the past he admitted himself to a hospital for assisted detox to recover from a prescription pill addiction but was never in any legal trouble.

He's a great mechanic; but can't find work; I'm thinking all branches need techs to keep their equipment in order...but does his past exclude him from consideration?

Thanks - oh & sorry not sure what would have been the best catagory to put this in...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• no probably not
    Just because of the metal rod
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• most likely not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• they dont do xrays he can go in just don't tell them. EVER i had food surgery and have pins in my foot big no no. they never checked or found out. he can lie. tell him to join the army. they take terrorist. I am sure they will take him 2.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't know about the detox thing, but I'm pretty sure that the metal rod is something that will keep him from joining. And he shouldn't try to hide it, b/c if they ever find out they could try to charge him with...I think the term is fraudulent enlistment. I can't remember if that was the exact term used, but I know someone whose dad was going to be charged with it b/c he hid asthma when he joined, and when they found out, they were going to charge him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If he can't do boot camp forget about it. They are probably outsourcing as much as possible. So if would be good for him to find out which companies have those contracts and get a civiliam position.
    Anonymous

• Thx for the info ladies...
    Anonymous

• Probably a stupid question but is there an age limit? He's 33.
    Anonymous