Has Hycodan (hydrocodone) syrup done this to you?

My dr prescribed Hycodan (liquid hydrocodone) cough syrup to me for my bad cough last week, and he said it would make me drowsy more than likely. So I take it and I'm not drowsy AT ALL! In fact, I want to clean everything, I'm motivated, and am in a great mood. My cough is gone but I want to keep taking a dose of it each day until it's gone. Is this horrible?? Has anyone ever taken this stuff before, if so what was your reaction to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• mine did the same. didnt make me drowsy. some meds work dif. on dif. ppl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Narcotics wire me too lol. I can't take them at night. People usually react one way or another. Be careful though because it's highly addictive and ti will constipate the hell out of you.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Same here,lol.. Hubby will take something and pass out and I will, and be up all night,lol.. Take the others advice, they are highly addictive..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• omg! i looooove that stuff! i can sleep on it if i lay down, but if i take it, like in the morning, ooooh yea, i can do anything!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It contains codeine, which is highly addictive. Throw it out.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Opiates do that to me. Ultram, though not a true opoid or a controlled substance, puts me in the greatest mood and I am highly motivated.
    Anonymous

• You now have more of a grasp of the concept of addiction than a typical person!  It sounds like the codeine part is getting you high (as it is supposed to) and this is why Cocaine is highly addictive! I used to clean the house when I snorted a line or two of coke (cocaine) in the '80's.

Anonymous

• You're just a little high is all. If you don't have any addiction issues, I say enjoy it till its gone. If you are only taking a does per day I would really not worry about it's "harmful" or addictive qualities. Are you horrible? Of course not! You are NOT the only one. I have not taken that specific med but, I have taken pain killers & have liked taking them. It's over when they are gone, no harm done.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Not only that but any pain pill or narcotic does it to me. If I take it then go lay down I will go to sleep. If I take it then do the dishes and talk with my husband, then I'm up all night acting like I'm on speed wanting to clean everything.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009