How long did your baby wear newborn clothes?

If you can remember, how long did your baby wear newborn clothes?
I'm 27 weeks pregnant and realized I've only bought a few newborn sleepers and one actual outfit. My DD is 4 yrs old today so it's been awhile since she was a baby and I can't remember "about" how long she was in that size...I'm not sure how many outfits, sleepers, and onsies I need to buy. My DD weighed 8lbs and was 21 1/4 in long and all I can remember is there were some sleepers that I LOVED that were 0-3 months that took a awhile to fit into but I cant remember how long. I know it depends on the size of the baby, but I need a little bit of an estimate so I can know if I need to buy more newborn clothes. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter staied in newborn for a week
    She was in 3 months by a month.
    She is really tall tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my childrenw here only in the for a week or two.. that was with my first i only bought three or four outfit for my other two.. because they only wear them for a lil while... i bought more 3 month clothing..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My daughter was only in them for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't get too many newborn clothes because they do grow out of them quickly.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I wish I had gotten afew more newborn things. My daughter was 8lbs when she was born, but has gain a pound a month every month [she is now 16lbs at 8 months]
    She would have fit nicely in the newborn clothes for about the first 3-4 months.
    I just got rid of her 3 month stuff at 7months!
    I would get at least a set of newborn onesies :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Not long at all. Maybe a week, two tops.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My first two were 9+ lbs and didn't fit into the NB size at all. They came home in 0-3 clothes and within a few short weeks were in 3-6. That's what I expected the third time around but she was about 7.5 lbs and was still wearing NB size at 2 mos. I didn't have nearly enough items in the size that I needed. It's just so hard to tell and every baby is different.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My little one stayed in newborn clothes until she was about 2-2 1/2 months, however she is very petite and that came to no surprise to us since my hubby and I are petite.
    I wouldn't go nuts on outfits, because I found them to be impractical and a bit of a hassle to get little one in and out of. I had a spring baby, so those onezies that look like a little dress from Carters was PERFECT!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Neither of mine fit into newborn clothes for very long at all. Maybe two weeks. The 0-3 seemed big on them for a little bit but they stayed in that size so much longer than the newborn. If you want to have some of that size it's fine but I wouldn't buy many things. I had tons of NB from another lady and my daughter didn't wear the vast majority of those clothes.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my baby is 3 weeks and still in newborn size, he was 7lbs 10oz at his 2week checkup.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I never had any newborn size clothes for any of mine. They outgrow them too quickly. They practically went right into 3-6 and stayed there until they were 3 months or so.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2009