Meals and No Time

I was cooking once a month and freezing it since I am in school. I started clinicals a couple months ago and I have only 48 clinical hours this month but 140 theory hours. I just do not have enough time to spend all weekend cooking from scratch and I miss spending time with my daughter. I was thinking about having some orgnic premade stuff a couple times a week. Does this make me horrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• honestly, there are some very tasty organic frozen meals now.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

I have a lot of meals ready in under 20 minutes.

You can always use pre-bagged salad, bagged shredded cheese, nuts, bagged dried fruit and make salads. You can also make tons of rice on Sunday then re heat it with a bag of frozen veggies and a jar of stir fry sauce, canned organic veggie chili, or quickly heat a bag of frozen shrimp.

all under 15 minutes.

You're a good mom.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• nope not at all. shoot, eat fast food if you have to. you will get back to your values when you can. you are working hard and should be proud of yourself. time with your daughter is important too, if you can't do everything you want to do exactly how you want to do it, that's OK. let something slide - in this case homecooked meals - and focus on what you have to focus on. you should be proud of yourself! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Why don't you call a couple of friends; you can each make a meal and trade; this way you make one meal and have three.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009