blood pressure

Im 37 weeks, and this morning i woke up feeling awful. I didnt sleep good, i am having hot flashes and really sick to my stomach. I checked my blood pressure it was 148/91 HR 109. My head is pounding and i just feel awful. The drs. have already done test on me for preeclimpsea(sp) and it has come back negitive and there is never any protein in my urine, so im at lose for what to do. Any thoughts or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get plenty of sleep and push fluids- maybe you are just coming down with something...
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 12:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Call your doctor. They may want to do a stress test where they put you on a fetal monitor just to make sure the high BP isn't affecting the baby. Or they might want you to be on bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy. I had high blood pressure and ended up being induced at the end of my pregnancy. I am sure everything is fine, you are far enough along that you could deliver if you need to, but definitely check with your doctors and see what you should do. Good luck and feel better Mama!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009