Hello everyone... car seat help?

I am due in December with my second child and I do not have the money to purchase a car seat... Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

oliviasmommy613

Asked by oliviasmommy613 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put a add on craigslist asking for a free carseat in your area. I am sure someone will help you out.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 11:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Make sure you get one that the child can use rear facing until they are 35 to 40 pounds.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• DO NOT take a used car seat from someone that you do not know, you have NO idea if it has been recalled, expired or in an accident!

Go to a car seat check in your area, they will always have car seats available (free and new)

http://www.safekidsweb.org/events/events.asp
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• sign up at freecycle.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Make sure you get one that the child can use rear facing until they are 35 to 40 pounds

WHAT IF SHE DOENST WANTO TO ERF? IAS HER CHOICE I ERF BUT ITS MY CHOICE.

OP SOMETIMES FIRESTATIONS HOLD CARSAFETY CHECK AND THEY GIVE OUT FREECARSEATS. OR GO TO THE POLICE STATION AND EXPLAIN YOUR SITUATION, AM SURE TEY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. AS FOR GAILL SAID IT IS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WNAT TO ERF, IS ITS SAFER ALOT SAFER BUTFINDING A FREE CIONVERTIBLE CARSEAT IS A LIL HARD. THE LAW IS 20LBS AND 1 YRS BUT SOME MOMS DO 2YRS AND 30 LBS. IF YOU CANT ERF DONT FEEL BAD. IS A CHOICE NOT MANDETORY
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Find a local Safe Kids certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. They should be able to help you get a brand new car seat for little or no cost.

https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap.bin/apps/assess/webmembers/tool?pToolCode=TAB9&pCategory1=TAB9_CERTSEARCH&Webid=SAFEKIDSCERTSQL
    cowgirlsmommy

Answer by cowgirlsmommy at 11:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Call the hospital you will be delivering at, they may be able to give you one. If not, contact your local Safe Kids and see if they cant help.
    robbinsroost

Answer by robbinsroost at 11:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Why can't you use the seat from your first child? I reused our own, 2 kids per seat (long story why we didn't use the first one for all of them). Unless it was in an accident or is severly expired there's no reason you can't use the same one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Why can't you use the seat from your first child? i was thinking the same thing too,., but maybe the carseat is expired already or she want planning on a secind and gave the first on awat
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin - www.nhtsa.dot.gov

They can provide info on resources to help you purchase or borrow a car seat.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009