Is there anything I can do to help my 14 week old poop? He grunts and nothing comes...its been 5 days! I will be calling the doc today but any advice!

abruznocks

Asked by abruznocks at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mylicon worked wonders for my daughter. She was always constipated and it worked like a charm. If he's formula fed then change the formula to Enfamil gentelease thats something else I had to do.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Awwww, sounds painful.

You must see the doctor. In the mean time, try rolling his feet over his belly, and plenty of water. I would not give laxatives unless the doctor tells you too.

Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If he baby is breastfed its normal
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Just so you know Mylicon isn't a laxative and it's completly safe. It's die free and doesnt absorb in the babies system. You can give hime as many as 12 drops a day.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• an oz of juice, thats what we had to do w our son.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• give him apple juice, and mix it with a little prune juice.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yes sugahmamma is right and oz af juice want hurt. I always use apple or prune juice it we help any kid go
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Use the prune juice, apple juice may keep him constipated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had this same problem with my daughter. Her dr. told me to give her an ounce of baby pear juice. It worked in no time and didnt over do it.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 2:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• This is what we did:

1. Lay your child on their back, undressed from the waist down, on something that is washable (this could be messy).
    2. Put some lotion or oil (whatever you normaly use) on your first two fingers
    3. Using your fingers make a CLOCKWISE circle around in belly button. It is very important that it be CLOCKWISE, the large intestine runs fairly close to the skin there with everything moving CLOCKWISE, if you go counterclockwise, everything backs up worse. You want to use as much pressure as you do when you give them a kiss.

You should get almost imediate results.
    rewoif

Answer by rewoif at 2:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009