Hey Ya'll! Has anyone ever been tried "Mystery Shopper"?

I understand the concept, but does it really work/pay? I mean it sound to good to be true situations......You get paid to shop, fill out a survey & get paid? hmmmmm? What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• They are not all scams. You have to have common sense. I do two mystery shops. Only two because those are the ones I choose to do. I go and get my oil changed. I get reimbursed for the services and I get 12 dollars on top of that. It is a rotation so every three months I get my oil changed for free. I also do gas station shops. They only have you put like 12 dollars of gas. But hay free is free and they pay you on top of that. I don't see you getting rich off of these unless you live in a huge city. But it would take time and effort. You would have to make it your full time job. So far McDonalds has paid the most. If no one takes them they start offering more money.
    cherrera5

Answer by cherrera5 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No. Most companies you have to pay to work for them, and unless you are in a busy area its not worth it. You have to spend money, and they will reimburse you up to a certain amount, sometimes you are lucky to make $5 on top of what you spent.
    Remember if it sounds to good to be true, it is.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I tried it some years ago, but I kept running into scams. Then when I found some company (cant remember the name) they wanted me to do like 5 different stores all in different directions across town and then they would pay me once a month only after I turned in my forms and on the NEXT month around. It was frustrating to keep up with so I didnt do it. Besides they were only paying me like 20 bucks a store/survey, and there was a limit on how many I could do a month. It sucked for me, but maybe you can find better, IDK
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• most of the ones out there area scams or you pay them...so haven't found a legit one.
    dama2000

Answer by dama2000 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You can find a listing of genuine mystery shopping companies here: www.freelancebyu.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• The only way you can possibly make money at it is to start your own.  Read this:

How to Start Your Own Mystery Shopping Service

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009