35 weeks today what to expect???

what r they going to do at the doctor today...just the normal??? and another question is around when do they do the strep b test??? oh and lately i have been waking up with horable cramps in my calves do u know what they r from or how to help them???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 11:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They'll probaly check you to see if you're dialated any, and ask you if you're having any discharge, certain pains, ect. Then schedule your next appt. for next week. I went in just for a check up, I was 38 weeks, and he said are you ready? I said oh yeah! And he said, well come back at 10 tonight, and we'll get you started. I was liek whoa, lol. I was ready, but I didnt expect that! so I went in at 10, the put a pill "up there", and gave me a sleeping pill, Then they broke my water at 6am, And I had my son at 2:21pm. It was awesome, cause I slept through most of it, cause that was the first time I had ever had any sleeping medicince, so I was out, until the pushing came anyway, but it was quick. As for my husband, he said it felt like 3 days in there. lol. But expect anything when you go in! and GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i heard teh crapms is cuz of lack of calcium. are you drinking milk or eating foods with calcuim? i got the gropu b strep at 35 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I was 38 weeks, and he said are you ready? wow your doctor most be different, no doctor does that. with my first i ahd to beg my doctor to strip my membranes. and with my second he came on his own at 37 wks. OP DONT EXPECT THE SAME THING TO HAPPEN AS IT HAPPEN TO 1ST PP MOST DOCTORS DONT DO THIS,.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i drink soooooooo much milk like a gallon a day its my fav...
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• you should be getting the strep b test very soon...also, with the leg cramps, my doc told me it could just be I was drinking enough water...she told me to flex my feet (point toes) hold then point toes up as far as I could to stretch my calf muscles...good luck hope this helps...

Also I have never heard of a dr. inducing like that unless there were med. problems or you are really overdue....
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• For the cramps MAGNESIUM supplements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My midwife told me to get them and they are so great! They worked after the first dose ( 500 miligrams) You can get them at wlamart, cvs, etc.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• wow. both people were wrong as far as the cramps goes lol when muscles cramp up? its a lack of ""POTASISUM"" lol thats why whenever someone elderly complains to a dr about cramps here or there-the dr GENERALLY suggests to eat a BANNANNA right away... (try it)

as for the cramps again, i cant garantee that is the solid answer ur looking for (im not ur dr, i dont know) but im 34wks and have the same thing... just know that IT HAPPENEDS =/

and my dr told me it was just my siatica ... but good luck!
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 10:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am wrong?? Really?? LOL (btw banana only has 2 n's) It worked like a MIRACLE both pregnancies. My mother even takes it for her leg cramps. MAGNESIUM supplements will definately work for you so give them a try :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009