Turkey cooking question?

If you don't cook the stuffing in the turkey ,how do you keep it from drying moist. Not on the outside but what else can I put inside. Thank you ladies for your help. My first time making a turkey. I am so nervous.

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 11:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Put some cut lemons in the breast cavity along with some rosemary - the turkey will stay moist and taste great!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I use turkey broth in my stuffing. But I do cook it in the turkey. I also cook extra in the oven with the turkey. Also, cooking the turkey at 200 degrees over night will make it much more tender and juicy. Happy Cooking Momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I put olive oil, butter and herbs "under" the skin and in the cavity. It's delicious. I make the stuffing the night before and just heat up on that day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Stuff the cavity with either cut lemons or cut onions. I don't ever rub the skin with oils or put butter in it. I put low sodium chicken stock in the bottom of the pan, and the skin will make enough oils on its own to be crispy. I put rosemary sprigs between the skin and meat in the thighs, legs, and breasts then rub the outside of the skin with Italian seasoning. if you must put oil on it, rub it with a few tablespoons of peanut oil. Baste 2 or 3 times during the cookign process with the liquid in the pan. Then tent with foil if the skin starts to brown too much (tent loosely) during the last part of cooking.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Oranges, lemons, onion, apple slices, herbs... any number of things or combination!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i fill the cavity with herbs and a little oil then put a huge apple to block the hole. the herbs steam the inside of the turkey while it's baking
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009