This question applies to EVERYONE.....working moms, SAHMs, WAHMs, Breastfeeders & Formula feeders, epidural-deliveries and natural-deliveries alike....

Does it irritate you to no end when someone suggests that you are somehow an inferior or bad parent because of your choices in regards to the above issues? Why can't we all just assume that someone made an educated decision based on the best of their personal abilities, give them credit for being a good mother and move on from there? My choices work for ME and make me a better mother to my son for it, your choices work for YOU and make you a better mother to your child for it, right? I have a friend that manages to sneak in some snide remark about my life choices as a mother every time we speak. It is getting a little old.......aargh!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is how it should be.

Us as moms, do what WE believe is best for OUR children.

I am with you on that. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Can you imagine how peaceful this world would be if EVERYONE did this??? But, unfortunately, there will always be those who THRIVE on causing others to feel inferior. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my friend pratices attachment parenting, extended breastfeeding, doctors as last resort, anti-anti-biotic prescriptions and she makes the majority of her and her sons food. my roommate doesnt like her parenting style. He always tells me "she shouldnt be co-sleeping it is damaging her son", "she hasnt introduced cow's milk by itself? that's stupid"...SO and I both tell him to mind his own f*ing business and what works for her and her son might not work for him and he'll have to live with that. He is 50, lost interest in his children a long time ago and they want nothing to do with him, she he outta keep his mouth shut just because my friend loves her son. I was just now able to vent and that felt good OP! lol :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Opinions are like "belly buttons", everyone has one!!!!! That was edited for CafeMom,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had an epidural labor ending in epidural section then two more epidural sections. I bf exclusively for 7 months first two babies and third baby was bf and formula because of her own needs.

When I was pregnant with my first child I attended a La Leche league meeting. Several meetings later the leader counselled me about my pending delivery and worries with the words of "What is most important in birth and childrearing is Safe Mommy Safe Baby how born and raised."

If someone makes you feel bad more than three times then move on to others who care for you not how you make them feel about their own failures and successes.

Nurture your own strengths and build up from failures. Forget the gossipers. Move on. You have a life to live.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• oops I meant to write HE outta keep his mouth shut hehehehe
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Not really. I am confident in my choices, as we all should be. I do what is right for my family and so do we all.
    The only people that seem butt hurt about others opinions are the ones who feel like they didn't do what was best themselves. No one can make you feel inferior if you know you did what was best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Great answer, Ifl.........I am really ready to break some ties here......I've had some family issues on BF'ing, but we just don't talk about it anymore, lol!

I like the "bellybutton" answer, Mrs. Leftlane, lol!

Vent away, Owl, venting is good.....I like to vent, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't, personally, feel inferior, but it does bother me that my friends comments suggest that SHE feels I am. Does that make sense? Strangers don't bother me, but when it comes to friends and family, yeah, their opinions do count to me. Will it change my decision if I know I am doing what is right by my child given my own personal situation? Not a bit.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

Not true my dh's cousin doesn't have a belly button she was born with her intestines out all she has is a huge scar across her tummy no belly button
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009