how would you react if your mom favored your siblings children over yours and you thought the reason was because they were biracial? (sorry can't spell lol)

since my sister had her kids it's almost as if my kids don't exist anymore she will travel to go to their birthdays 8hrs and not my kids birthdays 6hrs away she takes them fun places and spends time with them when it comes to mine she won't I just don't understand if it's because they are half hispanic or if it's because she just favors the kids who are blonde more? It's confusing my kids have never done anything to her to make her feel this way she even goes as far as to call and talk to the other grandkids but not mine what would you do or say if this was you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• confront the issue with your mom. My monster-in-law does the same thing
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would ask her about it. If you approach her in a confrontational way she will, of course, deny any such favortism and defend her actions so be very careful in what you say to her and especially how you say it. The only way you can know anything for sure is to go straight to her and tell her your concerns.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I agree with the PP, talk to her and calmly voice your concerns about it. Let her know that her grandbabies miss talking to their grandma so much and would love it if she would call them as much as she calls the other kids. Let her know that their feelings have been hurt cause she hasn't visited them and they'd love to see her. Make it all about them and how they feel, not you, because that could really make it more of an arguement. If it's all about the kids, it may pull at her heart more. Heck, she may not even realize she's been doing it. Good Luck!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My mom did the same thing but he had nothing to do with race. She just liked my sister's kids better than mine. We used to call my niece and nephew Barbie and Ken bc they were so perfect. Mine were "normal" kids. I ended up being ok with it as long as my kids didn't get hurt by it. They seem to be fine with what my mom did give them. Don't make a big deal out of it and maybe the kids won't notice. Keep them busy and they will stay focused on what they do have in their life and not on what they don't have from her.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• that's good mckenzie but my kids have noticed especially my 13 yr.old daughter she don't even want to go visit or go to the xmas party because of that they feel left out and that makes me sad for them I don't talk with them about the issue but I notice how they are deprived when they don't get the same attention and focus as the other grandkids and everytime we visit they wind up feeling bad
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2009