Can you harm baby by mashing pregnant belly?

I am 16 weeks pregnant and I want to know if you can squish the baby inside your belly. Silly I know but my 3 yr old like to play rough and jump on me. Then the other day I was pinching up the extra fat I still have on my belly. And no I am not hugely overweight I just have extra baggage around my belly, that is where I seem to gain weight when I gain it. I thought after I my stomach all squished up I probably mashed its head and I have been freaked out every since.

TiffanyJones09

Asked by TiffanyJones09 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no you didnt hurt the baby and i wouldnt let the 3yo jump on your belly but you should be fine it takes an aweful lot to hurt a baby theres alot there to protect her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I wouldnt allow your 3yr old to jump or play rough near your belly...I would push (gently) on my belly to see the baby move or to calm them when they were overly active when i was pregnant...I dont think you can squish his head by pinching the extra fat...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no.. its ok, just be carefull with your little one jumping on you so hard.
    Anonymous

• Tell your son no now and verbally and physically reinforce it by turning away from him, time out too. Be consistent or when baby comes he could be that rough with baby. Watch supernanny reruns for ideas. By not stopping him every time he does this to you you're giving him permission, in his eyes, to be 'violent' to whatever degree. That will grow. What made him start this?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Thanks and it is not that my daughter is trying to be rough but I am 5'3 and she is 3yr old and already over half my height so when she hops into my lap wanting to play it automatically feels like you are being a trampoline,lol. She knows there is a baby in there and she does not mean to be so rough but he being so big it just happens you know.
    TiffanyJones09

Answer by TiffanyJones09 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009