Sores behind his ears that won't go away?

My son (17mon) has had sores behind his ears for awhile, they come and go. I've asked the doctors about it, but they just say it's because he rubs them, well, i think he rubs them ... because they hurt?! lol, but I really don't know what could be causing it. My mom said maybe I don't get behind his ears when I bathe him, but I know I do. He has two baths a day too. I really don't know what it could be. Anyone ever had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest son has Eczema and it started as sores behind his ears. It is actually quite common. The best thing we've found for my son is to keep the area clean and really mousturized. Aveeno seems to be the best lotion we've found without a prescription. Also be aware that sometimes Eczema can go hand in hand with Asthma and food allergies.
    my4kidsrock2

Answer by my4kidsrock2 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• make sure you are keeping them clean and drying them after each bath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My 1st thought was staff infection. Until you said the Dr. said it was nothing. My older child had some sores behind her ears at around 2 I used selsym blue. The Dr. told me too and it worked.
    Anonymous

• I can only bathe my baby every other day or else he gets dry, red, raised patches in his creases that could look like sores, especially when he starts scratching them. I use aveeno baby cream to prevent it and a little hydrocortisone when it flares up. I believe the Dr said it was eczema...
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I have eczema, but only on my hands. He doesn't get it anywhere but behind his ears. And he used to only get baths once every day, but now since he's older he gets messy quicker, so he gets two a day, once after breakfast, once before bed.
    Anonymous