childbirth classes?

Did everyone take them or plannig on it?

I had signed up for them and my hub freaked out at the last minute bc there were so many people in there. LOL! So we turned around. I feel bad for lying to my mom... and I am 30. HA. Do you think they are needed tho? I will be taking the breast feeding class for sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• someone needs to grow up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It definitely helped me to take it. I kind of did it privately with my first, and then took the actual class with my hubby with our first together (my 2nd) and even though I'd been through childbirth/delivery, it really helped!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i think it is helpful to take the birthing class. It tells you what you can expect and prepares you for how to push an techniques for him to help you thru it. I think they are very important b4 your first baby. (if it is either of yours first baby it would be very informative!)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I found them extremely helpful. They made me more informed and I felt much more prepared. How did you lie to your mother? I was 30 when I had my first. I didn't take a breastfeeding class.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We didn't take them mostly because we couldn't afford it. I think if you do your research then you should be fine. I have seen babies born and I've done a lot of reading. Dh on the other hand is pretty clueless. But I don't think the classes would do him any good because he probably wouldn't pay attention anyways lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• did i ask if we needed to grow up. I did not think so. I am asking if you think the classes are really needed? I did not want to do them if the first place... i can spend my money on something else for the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i told her we went to the classes.
    Anonymous

• You'll be fine without the class. The nurses and doctor will tell you what you need to know when you need to know it. I decided to skip the classes because I thought it would make me more nervous. I was fine...even had a natural drug-free birth. You can prepare yourself by reading just as well as going to a class. Your hubs may be a bit like mine - he didn't want to know too much before-hand, trusted that I knew what I was doing, and he was strong for me when it counted.
    Anonymous

• I am taking them again this weekend actually, they helped alot the first time- especially the breathing techniques... That's y i feel I need them again- to remember how to breathe.
    Alot of parents don't think they are necessary, I just think it will help me more than hurt- plus they're offered free here.
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I took the class and although it was interesting I don't think I really learned anything there that I couldn't have learned elsewhere. I did a lot of reading and I think that made me feel more prepared than the class did. My hubby didn't do much reading so I do think the class gave him some valuable info and a better idea of what to expect. I think it is really important to just get as much information as you can, whether your read books, take a class, talk to your doctors and friends who have children. You want to be prepared for what to expect and you want to have an idea of how you want/hope things will go and what your plans are if things go differently. For example, I had great plans to labor at home as long as I could and then ended up being induced so I was glad I had back up plans and didn't have to make quick decisions without being informed ahead of time. Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable and prepared.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009