What should I make out of this.....

My SO has been outta town he is a farmer and its harvest season sooo....Anyway he does custom combining and he is doing that job right now...He is the type of guy (like alot of farmers) that work comes first and everything else comes after, I knew that and i accept it. So last night I asked him "did you guys get done down there" and he said "no" so i replied "are you gonna come home tonight or stay down there and work" cause he had come home the night before to change cloths and shower after 3 days..lol... he said.." I dont know yet y?" And i said "well im not like trying to be controlling or anything but id like to know if your not gonna be home tonight and I miss you" and he just relied "Ok" What the hell!!! so I said "glad you miss me too" and he didnt say anything then i said "Good to know!!! Goodnight" and he said "nite" am i reading too much into this and over reacting or was he a jerk like im thinkin...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds a bit jerkish
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If he is working long hard days he's not into touchy feely stuff. Many guys think it's silly but we women want to hear the nice words. Men think if they are working to feed and clothe us it means they love and care about us. I do not think he's being a jerk. I think he's like so many other men that think we women are big babies who want the nice - nice words said to us. SO is teaching me how to accept what he has to give and not expect the nice-nice. It's not easy but I'm learning.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• He may be exhausted, there may have been other men sitting around and he was embarrassed (boys are dumb that way), he may be frustrated because he can't be home. I know it is tough on you, so after he gets home for a day, tell him how you felt. Maybe you can work it out.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Sounds like maybe he was a bit of a jerk, but I think I'd let him slide on this one. He was probaly tired and has been working very hard. He sees that as his "job", his "duty", the way he supports his family. Then by you saying you missed him, he took this to mean he was letting you down in some way.....I know.....but men think different than us! So I think he was just feeling torn....just let it go.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• he's probably tired & does not feel like gettin into an emo conversation. That is what i would chalk it up too. I KNOW if i start with the emotional stuff after SO has had a terribly rough day, i will get the "LEAVE ME ALONE, LET ME UNWIND" stare...

Hope that helps
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2009