What do you think has to be done to bring home from Afghanistan and Iraq our troops? My neighbor's going very very soon, 2 more friends' sons very likely. Why can't we leave? Why?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I actually think we should pull out of Afghanistan if Obama isn't willing t really send A LOT more troops. You can't fight a war half way. And nobody has ever won a war against Afghanistan because of the mountains and other terrain issues there. We will be in Iraq for the next 50 years. In case you didn't notice we only recently left the Philippians and will never leave Germany.  But Afghanistan we should only send advisers. JMO

You neighbor and the sons must have enlisted. Right?  

And we probably won't leave because these countries are the strong holds of criminals.  You don't want the criminals to take over and run your world do you?  What if Hitler had taken over the world?  What if the Nazis had invaded the USA?  They were on our shores.  You know that right?

Anonymous

• hi, yes the young men I know have all enlisted. I agree with your intentions in your words but the loss of life we've sustained in our own military combined with 9/11 American soil in the U S losses is far far more than any of us ever imagined. I really don't think it's going to matter if binladen is caught himself. he has too many extremists supporting him in a country of extremists.

my hope of our own country remaining forever vigilant against terrorism since the shock of 9/11 is weak. We so frequently have been known to let down our guard. Maybe our new presidential government will get it right this time.

thanks for your thoughts.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• for us to leave, the country needs to get back on track and be able to support themselves. It's not fair to invade then just leave it shattered. Like other poster said, we can't jsut do half the job. That includes getting rid of the theat and cleaning our mess.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if I agree with the concept of our troops leaving without putting it back together, why go in and bomb them ,then fix it back up with our tax dollars? We went to WAR to get this BIN-LANDEN guy,not into Iraq for mass wepons,which their was none,--but still focus on that one man,and not worry about that country..fixing it up,let them, they came here and destroyed our towers,people-are they worried about fixing our New York?.and the reason I want them out of there,is -I have a son in the Navy with 2 deployments over there. If our military just went in to get this guy-bomb whatever to find him-then get out,not worry about if they are on track and can support themselves-really who cares-I don't,and the 3 thousand Mother/Fathers-Family that were lost,don't care about them also.Now they want to have a trial in New York with them, oh this is going to be good- give them rights?Hang them--we all know what they did
    Anonymous

• If the men in your life are enlisted members of the military they were fully aware that they could be sent to a war zone. I'm not sure where I exactly stand on the war however I do believe that the US should give 100% commitment or get out. When 9-11 occurred everyone was behind the troops giving them the support they need. Now everyone is arguing if we should be there or not. We are marooning our troops in a hostel country without the equipmen tneeded to get the job done.If people want the troops out quickly they need to rally around and get them the things they need to finish the job. Standing around fighting among ourselves is doing nothing but making us a bigger target. It was just Christmas time when another attack was attempted. Instead we have corrupted political leaders lining their pockets and more worried about being re-elected than what is needed to get the job done.

megkel

Answer by megkel at 5:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010