What is a good online university?

I am a Junior in high school and want to get college credits through an online program either now or after I graduate. What is a good website to do that through?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I recommend checking out some online courses through a local junior college. I've read in so many articles that most employers don't consider an online degree credible. With online courses through a junior college you can be almost certain that your credit hours will roll over when you are ready to move up to a university. If you know which university you want to attend I would check with them before signing up for any online courses to make sure your hours will roll over.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Axia College of University of Phoenix is the one i went to.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I've never heard anything bad about the University of Phoenix. I will say that Kaplan is a rip off. They screwed me over when I tried to go there.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 12:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• jenlanr, what did you try to go to Kaplan for? And what was your experience? I completed a certificate program there but I think I got hosed!
    Anonymous

• Central Texas college is an accredited (and brick and mortar based) college with a lot of support for online students as they deal a lot of the military. I agree that you should look for a program based at a physical college.
    Anonymous

• K, didn't mean to post anon.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009