How often do you bath your infant?

My MIL is crazy to say the least, but anyway she insists that I bath my son WAY too much. I bath him when he gets up in the morning and when he goes to bed at night. I also will bath him in between if we have a bad experience with baby food. Or if he spits up big. I don't think it is crazy. I just like to think he is clean. What do you ladies think? I am going to post anon b/c my MIL is also on this site...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that that is way tooo much and in the winter months you are going to cause him to get very dry skin and irrated skin. Over the summer I would bath my son just bout every night, but now that its getting dry and cold I bath him everyother night unless he needs an extra one. Il just wipe him down with a wash cloth in the morning if he has spit up or something. And I put lotion on him morning and night. You mite want to cut your baths back to at least once a day before your baby suffers from it.
    Anonymous

• When my DD was an infant, I bathed her every other day so her skin wouldn't get overdry.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yes I'd say you clean him too much! I give my sons baths if he needs them. you dont want to constantly bath him, it will overdry the skin, plus a little dirt is healthy
    Anonymous

• I meant to write "son" lol
    Anonymous

• I bathed my babies usually every other day - otherwise their skin would get really dry! I would say 2 times/day is too much.

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• That's wayyy to much bathing.
    Anonymous

• you should only bath your baby up to 3 times a week so yea 3 times a day is waaay too much shes not as crazy as you think
    Anonymous

• How old is your baby? I would think 3 times a day for a baby less than 6 months is a lot, but if his skin isn't drying out, then hey go for it if you want. I give my 6 week old a bath every other day or every two days because she gets dry skin. I bathed my oldest every day when she was infant because she loved baths and her skin didn't dry out.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am OP, he is 7 1/2 almost 8 months old.
    Anonymous

• you only need to wash him once a day. you can wash his face and hands after eating without giving him a bath, if he gets more dirty then that, i would say you need to pay more attention to him, during the winter taking a bath can dry his skin out, its doing him more harm then good.
    Anonymous