How did your baby do with the tree on their first Christmas?

My daughter will be 1 the day after Christmas, actually. We want to put up a tree, but we're afraid that it'll be too much work to keep her away from the tree. She's very adventurous and daring, you see...knowing her she'd try to climb the damn thing xD

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well my sons first he was only 2 weeks LOL
    But his 2nd christmas he was just over 1 and he had so much fun putting it up and decorating it. He didnt really mess with it at all. He was more in to his toys in the other corner.
    With my daughter she is 6 months now LOL in a couple weeks I can tell you how she does with her first tree.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we got a smaller tree and put it on a card table. When we had a kitten my dad used twine and tied it to the wall so it didn't fall over. Carlos liked that he could walk under the table and we pushed the tree far enough back that he couldn't reach it. We would show him it and tell him look at the pretty tree but can't ttouch, he was 9 months for his first x-mas.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• They tore it up for the first few years. LOL

Cats will do the same thing, though. = P
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Its an adventure keeping them away from the tree the first year. El is 3 and I am still finding ornaments from that first year. But, trust me, it's worth it. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My boys were each around 5 months for their first Christmas'
    Second time around they were older...
    We bought cheap ornaments for the bottom which were kept within their reach. The nicer ornaments were up higher. We didn't really have an issue with them bothering the tree.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 2:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We put up the baby corral around the tree that year. It was safe, as were the presents.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son wasn't very mobile his 1st 2 Christmases...but this Christmas will be an adventure! LOL. We just aren't going to use anything breakable on the tree. The big part is going to be keeping him out of the presents. He's got his birthday party Saturday....just in time to show him how to rip those suckers open. And I bet he will remember next month! Haha. =) But, it's all part of the fun of having kids. Put it up and take lots and lots of pictures. Believe it or not, you'll wanna look back at all the things your little one got into!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My daughter tried to eat all my ornaments. I had a gate around it but every time I turned around there she was with one.
    adoramydear

Answer by adoramydear at 7:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• branson never has bothered my tree. everybody says "awww you won't have a tree for the first several years" but he's never even attempted to mess with it
    RAGUmomof2

Answer by RAGUmomof2 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Do atheists celebrate christmas too? I wouldn't have thought you would. I am not an atheist I do believe in God but do not celebrate Christmas myself. We only celebrated it 1 time when we were kids.
    kandmsm0m

Answer by kandmsm0m at 7:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2009