Are you close to your family?

Brothers, sisters, cousins, Aunts, Uncles.

We pretend every xmas that things are ok, and when someone dies, or get injured everyone comes running.

What about the good times?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I have good relationships with my family. We don't live really close but we manage to get together a few times a year and we always enjoy being together.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am very close to my family. With the exception of my parents, they all live in another state, but we talk frequently. I am friends with several of my cousins via myspace and facebook, so we keep in touch there, too, and we all know when someone is pregnant, getting married or divorced, dating seriously, etc. We all come running for illness or death, too, but we do try to keep up in the good times as well, as much as possible.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No, we aren't close anymore. Since my Mom (the glue that held all of us together) died almost 10 yrs ago, we don't get together anymore unless it's another funeral. The last time I saw them92 of my sisters) was in 2005 when my father passed away. Otherwise I don't hear from them unless I'm signing a check from the estate. It's sad, but nothing I can do. I talk to my oldest sis a couple times a month but she has a big family now so she's pretty busy. As for Aunts, uncles, etc, I don't know them anymore.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am close to my family... cousins, sister, grandparents, uncles, aunts... etc. Doesn't seem like we are as close as we were when we I was younger but nowadays, everyone is always working and on different schedules so it makes it hard to plan something that we can all be a part of. I am blessed and thankful for the family I have because I know that whenever I need any of them, they will be there for me no matter what.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• On my immediate side, there is none to know.  All gone. =[

Anonymous

• I am not close to any of my family either. I like it this way. The rest of family (brothers, sisters, mom) get together for the holidays but I no longer go. For my own emotional health this is what I need to do. I am much happier in my life when I don't have the family drama.
    Anonymous

• I tolerate my family but we only talk on the phone. I don't do holidays so that keeps me from having to deal with anyone on those days!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Like a good Latina, I'm very close to my family, even though I'm in the military, once a month I pack my bags and my Dd :-) and drive to NYC to visit them, same goes for my family they come to visit me at least once a month, and major Holidays I always spend it at my mom's house, and I talk on the phone with my mom every night, she wants to make sure I'm ok, she worries alot with me being a single mom. so I would say I'm very close to my family.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am very close to my family and I love it. I have movie night with one of my brothers his wife and son, my dad, and my grandmother every wednesday. I have my other bro ( half brother) alot. I'm not as close with my mother..she seems to be trying to relieve her 20's...but I love being around my family
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I used to think I was close to them but after moving closer to them when DS was 8 months old I realize I can't stand them. They are an exteremly negative and toxic force in my life. I'm working on removing them as soon as possible. For my own emotional ,mental and physical well being I NEED to do this. Sad but it is what it is....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009