What age to start potty training?

My daughter is 19 months old and I was thinking of potty training is it to soon?

nickynova

Asked by nickynova at 1:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 is a good age
    Anonymous

• If she seems ready and shows the signs of being ready, sure! My son is 20 months old and he isn't really showing any signs.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no start if she is showing signs.. we are 2 and we dont have a clue that we want to start.. i say if she shows the signs go for it.. sooner the better..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You can start before they show signs. We just put the baby on the potty when the toddler is going. She now asks to go. And goes in the potty maybe 3 times a day. She's 14 months old. She's never been forced, and think it's a fun game. We started my other daughter at 21 months, and she was done by 2. She never showed signs until we showed her the potty was for her, too, At this age, don't expect immediate accident free results. But you'll finish a lot earlier than others start. Finishing early, rather than a short training period, is my goal.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• there is noa ge to start potty training, is about the child beiang ready some are ready ay 15 mts while opthers not till 3 yrs. if the child is not shwoing siogns the potty training will not work. is your child showing signs? canshe tell you when she has to go? can youtell when she has to go?can she take her clothes off? when she does go in her diaper does she tell you so you can changer her? those are some cues if you answered no to any of them. then sheis not ready
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• DD is 3 and not ready
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009