Why are Christians so convinced they are right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because most are EGOTISTICAL. They are taught that Christ is the only way. Don't accept Christ and you are doomed to hell.

I am Christian, but do not believe that Christianity is the only way.
    Anonymous

• It's called a belief, and then there's that whole Bible thing, I'm sure you've heard of it?
    Anonymous

• Faith- which is a gift from God. It is hard to explain to those that have no faith.
    Anonymous

• I think anyone who believes in anything thinks they are right. It was wrong of you to single out christians like that.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You may be ANON on here, but GOD knows who you are ;)
    Anonymous

• Why does anyone feel they are right? None of us can know for sure. Organized religion teaches that they are the only and that bad things will happen to you for eternity if you don't follow their way because it keeps money coming in. You think the Pope is anything but a very spiritual man? He's not. He doens't have a direct line to God any more than the rest of us. We each choose our paths based on what we are brought up as and what calls to our souls, but none of us know for sure if we're right. We all feel we know we're right... but chacnes are we're all wrong lol.

If I were brought up to believe with all my heart that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as Christ would burn forever in hell I would be too scared to question my faith too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• "f I were brought up to believe with all my heart that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as Christ would burn forever in hell I would be too scared to question my faith too."

OMG Ati... I l♥ve you!
    Anonymous

• Well said ATI 13 :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• "You may be ANON on here, but GOD knows who you are ;) "

Good, because my God understands human nature and still loves me when I have questions.
    Anonymous

• "Good, because my God understands human nature and still loves me when I have questions"

As opposed to Jesus Christ? I don't understand...pretty sure he understand human nature and loves me when I have questions too....what are you trying to say? Lol.
    Anonymous