Im Pregnant And Was Wundering About Some Things ? This Is My 1st Child .

im preganant and this is going to be my first child im 24 yrs old never been around ppl that much who has had kids so i dont know much about it , but i love kids if i see a baby out with its parents down the road i have to hold it and play with it , thats just the way i am .

but i have been thinking that my baby will come out big or may be to small or somthing , is c-sections so bad i mean like what do they do .

- i have seizures , im a diebetic and im young and lots of things run threw my head .

but is there anyway you can keep the birth weight down like where they will only weigh like 5-6 pds or somthing ..

just wundering about things , never had a child before , IM FULL OF QUESTIONS ..

THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to buy "what to expect when you are expecting" All of your questions will be answered! Good luck and congrats!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Lots of people with diabetes give birth, and lots of people have C-sections and get along fine. Follow your doctor's advice. Don't try to keep the baby's weight down, is my thought, since it could harm the baby. Again, go with your doctor's advice. Your baby comes first from now on. A good idea is to read read read. Learn as much as you can about pregnancy and child-raising. Best of luck to you!

Answer by Bmat at 1:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• what to expect what your expecting is a good "guide", but remember, it is only a "guide!" not every woman experiences the same thing! but it helped me out in many areas
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Please understand that a c-section is not meant to be a birth option but a surgical procedure for those that NEED it. Everyone should strive to deliver their baby vaginally.
    Anonymous

• im 5'3 and 100 lbs.
    with my first, she only weighed 5'13 . and i gained 35 lbs. i lost it w/o trying in about 4 months.
    with my second, he weighed 7'13, and i only gained about 22lbs. he's 2 months now, and i already weigh less then when i even got pregnant.
    both were easy, fast labors w/ no epidural.
    stop worrying about your baby's size. its silly, and really has nothing to do with whether or not you will gain a lot or have an easy or hard labor.
    as far as your medical concerns, just discuss them w/ your doctor.
    i also recommend taking one of the childbirth prep classes that are offered at the hospital where you plan on delivering. that will cover most topics that seem to be of concern to you, as well as give you a tour of the maternity ward.

DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• okay thanks , for the answers !

i know its not a option but just incase if somthing goes wrong ..

i know i really dont want to keep the birth weight down but im scared that if its too big it cant come out .. i have silly thoughts .
    Anonymous

• personally i would do all i could to avoid c-section. no it's not really that bad, but it does double your chance of dying during birth. and increases risks for your baby as well. i would read up on normal birth and how to avoid c-section :) trust your body's ability to birth your baby :) birth is a wonderful experience. congrats on your pregnancy! i was 24 when i had my son. now i'm 26 and pregnant with my 2nd.
    Anonymous