Right after you first got married...

Did your relationship change a lot with your new husband? How long did it take to settle in and get used to your new life as a married couple?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• we lived together 10 months before we were married so it wasn't any different...but when we first moved in it took a month or so to get situated and used to being together 24/7
    Anonymous

• WE lived together for a year and a half before we married so it wasn't any different for us...
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't think I ever settled in to any of my three marriages. Marriage just didn't work for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't really remember anything changing. He slowly moved in with my parents and me after we got engaged. Shortly after we married we bought a house, but things didn't seem any different.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I love being married more than I could imagine. What changed for us was all good when we got married. It was difficult at first in some ways - inevitable when you put two people together who neither one had any intention of ever getting married prior to meeting. For me it made me a better person. I am not as stubborn, I am not as willing to make demands that only serve me, etc. When I had an "exit door" my view was always that if it doesn't work I will just move on heartbreak or not. When it worked it was usually because I wasn't taking care of me... marriage has made me very strong in a different way than I used to be. I choose to let go of expectations and to realize when there is trouble that the ultimate goal is to be happy with my husband as long as we live to the best we can. We've been married a year and a half, and I still get butterflies when he smiles at me and it is still a sweet surprise he's my husband.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It takes time to build a committed happy marriage. Don't just abadon ship at the first disagreement. You should compromise and learn that marriage is a two way street. I say a goo year until you are feeling comfortable.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we were together for 5yrs, lived together for 2yrs before we married.
    nothing really changed for us...except all the "legal" stuff. lol. both of our names on everything and of course, my new name! =]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009