I have low blood pressure and I gotta watch my sugar they ran a test called cvc and I cant find out what it was to test for?

I have been dizzy like crazy loads of pressure feeling faint to the floor feeling as if it is hundreds miles away and of course it isnt. I hade been having dizzy spills but nothing major till I went to visit my brother in the hospital hade a chicken sweet onion sub bad idea by the time I got out of the evator I was in bad shape and it started bad from their and this was last week the nurse their checked my sugar it wasnt an hour but it was 218 I am usally in the below at around 120ish k so ya that was high then 3hours it was 210 and wnet down in half an hour to 84 and back up to 154 and so on I felt bad. I called the OBGYN and they told me no need to come in monday I couldnt do it no more I cried it was so bad and I felt like my air was restricted I couldnt sleep I was dizzy and I couldnt drive if I wonted. I called my doctor and went to the obgyn they checked me and I showed them my sugars . I will write the rest below

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was a CVC i know forshure thats why it was so confusing because all that i could find was CBC but it wasnt that. This honestly is really hard to deal with I mean I hope no other person who is preganant has to deal with this problem. Their isnt anything they can do and I got to lil girls and three months to go before I have the lil one and I have to drive them to a bus stop and go pick them up and if I am so dizzy and faint feeling it makes it impossible for me to do so and my hubbie leaves early to.:( I hope i figure out how to controle all this I have been worken so hard on my sugars and them not getting out of hand and I never thought low blood pressure would be a worrie last time with my sec lil girl I hade high blood pressure so I wasnt even thinking this could be wrong:(.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Was it a blood test? Could it be a CBC? A CBC is a Complete Blood Count and is a very standard test.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if it could have been CVS. Here is a site about this.  I hope you feel better soon.

"Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is a prenatal test (during pregnancy) that is used to detect birth defects."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&ved=0CA4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medicinenet.com%2Fchorionic_villus_sampling%2Farticle.htm&ei=SbL5SpyEKdSonQei6pmCDQ&usg=AFQjCNGXytuI7bDmNQnWkk1YEO-3uhdr3A

Answer by Bmat at 1:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• He said that I was fine on them no need to do insulan shots but he said I have low blood pressure caused by the high and lows of my sugars so it is causing the effects then he tested me for a CVC test it was neg but I just cant help but wounder what in the world is it to test for they never said. So know I have sugar probs and low blood pressure I am confused how to access both in one diet and he said the problems I am having the dizzy spills and the feeling bad that their is nothing he can do and all he told me that would help is eat high protein stuff and lay down on left side if I started to feel bad and it should stop and go away. Do you all know what a CVC is and any diet I can do that low carb low sugar and high in protein?
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I agree with anon, it sounds like it might be CBC based on what you said in your post. It is very standard, as anon said.

Answer by Bmat at 1:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• why can't you call and ask them what it was?
    Anonymous

• I dont think that it is something to be calling the obgyn about why would I call and ask about something that was neg result I was just wounderen what it was its not worth having them hunt somone down and bug them over. I just wonted to look it up but its not on the net just cbc its just a questine I was hoping someone on here might have known. But ya I aint callen the OBGYN to ask them that they are way to busy as it is their.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2009