Why did this happen?

I was taking a nap and woke up to nausea and back pain, then started having contractions every 5 minutes. I laid there for about an hour, they weren't intense but they were regular. I got up and took a shower, then they tapered off and I ate lunch. Now I'm having them less regularly. I had cramping as well in the shower. I'm 30 weeks, should I bring this up next week at my OB appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this right before I went in labor with dd. I would contract for a few hours, fairly regular but not very intense. Then just when I'd get all happy that she was coming, it would stop. I don't think you are in labor YET...but you should definitely talk to someone asap to make sure it's not the beginning of something. Many times it can go on for the whole last couple of months and labor never happens til it's time...but better to be safe than sorry.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OP

I should add that I lost part of my mucus plug yesterday. But that's the third time in the last 4 months or so that that's happened.
    Anonymous

• You should call your dr. today and tell them what happened hopefully its not pre-term labor.
    Anonymous