9 month old teeth grinder!!!

Alright ladies, my 9 month old now has 7 teeth, and his 8th is trying to pop through. My problem is.. HE WONT STOP GRINDING THEM! The only way I can think to stop him is to give him a binky, which I don't want to do.

Help.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 2:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal for babies to grind their teeth when they first get them and especially when they are teething. He will stop on his own.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 2:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• he'll stop.

its just so neat to have something in there now! lol all three of mine did it and it drove me up the walls.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i have yelled at my 17mnth old i yell stop! if that doesnt work,pop here mouth(not hard) just enough to let them know u mean bisnes
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I most definitely would not pop my son in the mouth.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son did that. He was finding his teeth :) It gets annoying though. We just open his lips and tell him to stop. He normally does, if he doesn't then we give him his paci or something to chew on. Normally he's grinding his because his teeth are hurting or he's tired
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It's a phase, it will pass. It is hard to listen to though. my son does it in his sleep sometimes and it's so loud! Next time I'm going to pop him in the mouth - Not!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son did that! Man, it made me cringe! Don't worry, it'll pass. He's just experimenting with his new teeth.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009