Why do we try not to cry?

If we feel lots of other emotions without guilt so why not sadness? If i see/hear something that is touching i try not to cry, if im sad I try not to cry...every once in a while the waterfall breaks loose and Iget it all out! Even if I just hear a moving song i hav ethe intial trying to not cry feeling...why?

saw a post that said she could only write so long b4 crying...mad eme think of this..why not just cry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we don't want to look weak
    Anonymous

• agreed with PP. also whenever i cry it attracts tons of attention which makes it worse - "Whats wrong???? are you ok???? why are you crying????" then i break down even worse!
    Anonymous

• I see it as a weakness.
    I grew up abused and if I ever cried It got me a harder beating. So I hold it back now. I think in the past 2 years my husband has seen me cry twice.
    Its not good to not cry tho.
    Everybody needs to let it out sometimes. It is just harder for some than others.
    Anonymous

• I am a "crier". I cry when I'm happy. I cry when I'm sad. I cry when I see something moving or beautiful. I'm just a softie...and that's okay with me. My sons tease me but I think they really are happy that they have a mom that isn't afraid to show how much she feels and cares.

And PP: I'm sorry that you had to grow up that way. I agree, that sometimes a good, long cry is wonderful release.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If I have the urge to cry then I'm going to cry. By the way anon 2:17 I grew up in an abusive situation so I know what you mean.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It ruins my makeup......
    Pea22

Answer by Pea22 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009