The EVIL Mirena....

I have had the Mirena for about 13 months and at first thought it was the greatest thing ever. The insert of it was not painful at all. Having no periods was the greatest thing ever.. But it seems as time passes by its one symptom after another. I have had constant headaches and many many Migrains, my hair is falling out, very moody and sometimes emotional for no reason at all, back pain, ohh and the dreaded weight gain that seems to not disappear no matter what I do, Im always tired and lack my usual energy, I seem to have barely any sex drive and alot of anxiety. Are there any ladies out there that have or had the Mirena and experienced these same symptoms?? Whats your Mirena story good or bad? Im sch. to have it removed in 1 week but still undecided weather I want to or not and Ive read the removal is very painful!

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 2:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• My experience was TERRIBLE. Here are some links to my journals about my experience with the Mirena. I refuse to recommend it to anyone. But, it's too much to tell here, so I'll just post links.

Journal 1
    Journal 2
    Plus, I have two or three post-Mirena posts, giving an update on how I was feeling the day it was removed, almost a week after, and a month after.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• People blame all sorts of things on these LOCALIZED hormones. You're not gaining weight from the Mirena.

PS it doesn't work for everyone.
    Anonymous

• I had mine removed last year because I didn't like it. I dont think the removal was that painful at all...about the same from when it was put in.
    Anonymous

• I had my IUD removed a few months ago. Mine was the copper one(Paragard), that one isn't much better! It didn't hurt as bad being removed as it did being inserted, so don't worry about that part.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• get the copper one, it has no hormones. i have had mine for two years and not one problem. and its good for a total of 10 years.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Sorry about the weird look on my other answer, but I copied and pasted from another answer of mine so that I had the links.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009