Did you wait to find out the sex at birth, or did you find out before?

With our first, we wanted to be surprized (a boy), with our second we found out (another boy), with the 3rd I wanted to be surprized (so sure it was a girl, completely different pregnancy than with my boys), but during the ultrasound, I saw the "3rd leg" when she scanned quickly.....I cried for awhile, because I was so sure it was a girl....but when he was born, i am SOOOO happy to have all boys!
If we have any more, we would want to find out, since we have NO baby stuff left.

54313MomOf4Boys

Asked by 54313MomOf4Boys at 2:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't want to find out. But DH was insistant that we find out, and our mothers would not leave us alone about it until we found out. We all thought for sure I was having a boy, even my midwife said she thought it was a boy, but it's a girl (or so the ultrasound says lol). I think next time I will tell everyone to shove it and get my suprise :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we found out with our first, and he's a boy. now i'm 7-8 weeks pregnant so i have to make this decision again. i sort of don't want to find out. i know i will be happy either way. but my husband really does want to find out so we can buy blue or pink baby clothes because we don't have any. i don't know i would loooove the surprise!!! but i also am a little worried that i would cry if it was a boy/girl and suddenly realize i really wanted the opposite. ;) teehee. i know that wouldn't really happen because when the baby is born that is the last thing on your mind but you know....

i know i have more than a couple of months left to decide.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I found out with my first and this one! Very happy I did! I am not patient enough...plus I like to shop!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I only have 1 but I found out. And when I'm pg with the next one I'll find out before birth too. I just wanna be able to be better prepared and I'm not a huge fan of most neutral colors.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I found out with both bc I wanted to be able to buy pink or blue. My first was a girl so with the second I wanted a boy, just so I could have the experience with both and I had a fit wanting to buy stuff before we found out but I hate the neutral clothes, but she's another little girl :) I was honestly a tad bit disappointed for about 15 minutes but then I realized I got to go buy cute, pink, girly, stuff.
    It would kill me to wait til birth bc I would want to buy pink or blue stuff before the baby was born and wouldnt want to wait.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009