Is this how it goes?

My husband just got himself a new truck, without my approval. He does this crap all the time. He buys big things and we live paycheck to paycheck. I am a SAHM with our 5 month old and sometimes I have to beg for formula or diapers. He is so selfish! I sit at the house all day and take care of our son (not complaining, I love spending time with my son!) but he goes and hunts and fishes as he wants to. He spent $500 just to be able to hunt at a hunting club and he just bought himself a $500 bow. I never get to have any fun. I can't even get my hair done for crying out loud! OH and he won't put me on his account. I have no idea what he does with the money he makes, he just tells me he has none. He thinks that because he makes the money, he makes all financial decisions. I don't feel this is right. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• you need to put your foot straight up his ass
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I've thought about beating the hell out of him, but I'm thinking if we divorce for whatever reason, I don't want him to throw anything against me. So I'm gonna keep my cool, and I try to talk to him but he has selective hearing. Idk what else to do, but I'm about to add another bill for him and it's called child support. I'm sick of his selfishness! It's not about him, it's not even about me, it's all about our lil one now. Every one of my sons needs should be met.
    Anonymous

• Honestly is there anyway for you to get a part time job that is workable around your mans hours?That way you wont have to put your son in daycare?Thats what dh and I are doing while our dd is in school.At least with a part time job,you will have some extra money coming in.Just an idea.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You need to either work together or leave him. He sounds controlling and do you really need that in your life?? GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• Sit down with him and tell him exactly how you feel including the part about divorce. This is not right in anyway.

Once you've cooled off make a budget that includes his and her spending money. If his wants are a little more expensive than yours that's fine. As long as you both have money to spend on a few of the things you want.

Plan a time to have your name put on the account. I'm quite certain that withholding money is considered spousal abuse.

Check out the Dave Ramsey group on cafemom for more helpful tips with money.
    GOOD LUCK and I hope this gets resolved soon.
    ~E
    Anonymous

• Get a job and leave
    Anonymous

• marriage is supposed to be an equal partnership; you are being treated like a maid / nanny / bed-warmer, not a spouse. the two of you need to get into couples counseling; if he won't go, go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• This isn't a marriage, and you're married in name only.

I'd WALK.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009