Does anyone ever think about the end of time in December 2012?

It scares me to think about it and I just want to hear other peoples thoughts on it.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• no one knows when the end will be, Jesus himself didnt even know. Dont worry so much about that. Just live your life, enjoy your children and if your religious, serve God and be happy.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• they thought the world was going to end at midnight of 2000.... no one knows when the world is going to end.. so dont worry just live each day to your fullest
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Same type of scare tatic that was used for the millenium. Live your life like it will end tommorrow and you will be better for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I haven't heard that one before.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• The only time I think about it is when I come to this section and there are 10 questions a day pertaining to it...

It's not something I fear or worry about. Just like the last end of the world (Y2K) didn't bother me. The translations have been proven wrong. If they stopped carving their calendar it's simply because they were killed - Conquistadors will do that to ya!

On a more religious note, if you believe in a religion that predicts the end, you would also have to agree that God would never do it on our time, nor would he let us know it's coming. On the off chance that that day is the day the world ends at the hands of Mayan gods, we aren't going to stop it! So, worrying about it will do nothing but cause wrinkles!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Nope, I could simply not wale up tomorrow if it is my time to go, it is my time to go. Life is too short to waste it on "if" All you have is here and now, so make the best by your children one day at a time.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

My thoughts exactly.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Why worry about something that most likely will not happen !?!?
    You are stressing yourself out for nothing.... This 'End Times' was used when the clocks struck midnight News Yrs Eve 1999-2000 and WOW! nothing...
    It is the end of the Mayan calendar and bc a full understanding of it isn't complete, ppl assumed it's the end of all times... we as a society have been creating "The End Days" so often it's becoming old ....
    If (and I mean IF) it were to happen then it happens and there isn't a thing you or I can do about it, it just means "Times Up" and I am not wasting my life freaking out over it....
    So my advice to you is the same... Don't freak out over something that you or any-one for that matter have no clue is or isn't going to happen...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

It's rare that Sabrina and I agree on stuff in here but this time I got say my thoughts exactly. My life in 2009 is complicated enough without worrying about some half baked end of the world theory. Besides the reality is none of us is guarenteed the next breath and we don't dwell on our own death, we live life. That's the best way to handle these end of the world theories.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2009