workout equipment?

I want to put a workout/exercise something or other on my christmas wish list but don't know what. My first choice would be a treadmill but that is probably too pricey. Do you have or use anything you would recommend? Like a portable stair climber, or those resistance bands, or step aerobics or anything along those lines? I already have leg and hand weights. My abs are in pretty good shape and I like standard sit ups. I really want to keep my rear view and thighs in good shape. Recommend me some things you use to keep your butt in shape please!

itsnotaclowncar

Asked by itsnotaclowncar at 2:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had a treadmill, an eliptical, and a weight bench and they all made excellent clothes hangers. Ask for a membership to a gym, you are more apt to use it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No gym membership for me! No one to watch the kids plus I'm too self conscious to work out around people. I workout in front if the tv so I want something small and portable I can use and then put away easily.
    itsnotaclowncar

Answer by itsnotaclowncar at 2:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• An elliptical is so much better for your body than a treadmill. Its a constant circular motion so you don't shock your joints and spine like you do when you run on a treadmill. Its also great for the butt! I lost so much weight on the elliptical at the gym and I sure wish I could afford one in my home...
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• What is an eliptical? A bike?
    itsnotaclowncar

Answer by itsnotaclowncar at 7:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It's a similar motion to a bike only you're standing up straight. They're about the same price as a treadmill and less versatile. I wouldn't buy one although I do enjoy using one at the gym.

If you're looking for something cheap I'd go with resistance bands because you can do so much with those and they're great for toning.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Do you belong to a local freecycle group? I see at least one treadmill or eliptical a week. www.freecycle.org You can also try www.craigslist.org

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2009