My daughter is 21months old is there an easy way to potty train her?

currenly everytime I go to the rest room i take her and have her sit on the potty with me. We started her traning around 18months and she was doing well and then stopped all together and I would like to get her to use her potty again.

chanel0709

Asked by chanel0709 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I waited until all of mine turned 3. Then I took their diapers away completely. It was very easy. It took 3 days to completely train them. You just have to wait until they are absolutely ready.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no there is no easy way :(

it sounds like you are going about things the right way. i agree with PP that taking away diapers and just going with undies really helps, although i don't see a reason to wait until 3. totally up to the parents though
    Anonymous

• Get dresses, ditch the pullups or diapers, get a potty chair to keep with you in the room (scary being hauled into the bathroom in the middle of an accident), a reward (m&m's work great if they only get them for potty time)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think it's a great age for potty training, and like previous posters said, I think it's best to ditch the diapers completely. Take a few days (if you can take a few days at home, I know not everyone has that luxury), put her in underwear and a shirt (keep your heat turned up!), keep the potty close by, and then every time she starts having an accident, scoop her up and put her on the potty. If even a drop makes it in, give her a reward, and remind her each time that pee pee and poo go in the potty. My daughter was going pee and poo on the potty after 4 days of this. Messy at first, but I would say "easy" in the longrun. We're going to start with our second daughter this way soon.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• In forgot to say, my daughter was 19 months when we did this, so I don't think you need to wait. And mine had no real understanding of potty before, either. Your daughter could do it even more quickly as long as you're consistent and don't pull out the diapers during the daytime.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• wait until she's ready.
    Anonymous

• Use A Water Hose Thats What I was Told ? ? ?... Lol Never Hurts to try
    Anonymous

• They have to be ready first off...don't use pull-ups or diapers I gave mine a piece of candy when they went-both were completely potty trained in about 2 weeks and both (1 boy-1 girl) right around their 2nd birthday. When I owrked at a daycare...there most were not potty trained until closer to 3 and even a few of the 3's were not...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• *worked...stupid typos!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You have to wait until she's ready. If she uses the potty make a big deal about it. Sing a song, cheer, clap, make it fun. Also for my oldest daughter, who was a bit difficult to potty train, we used stickers instead of candy. Once she realized she got a "reward" for going she wanted to go all the time, and I didn't want her to have too much candy.
    my4kidsrock2

Answer by my4kidsrock2 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009