advice on night potty training

My daughter was daytime trained early ... 19 months... we didn't bother with bedtime/naptime at that point because she was so young, couldn't get up on her own, get on the potty on her own, and couldn't hold it too long...
Now she's 2 1/2 and she hasn't had an accident in AGES, but she will pee in her "night diaper" if it's on, even if she's wide awake (she's starting to fight naps, but even after no sleep, will have a wet diaper). To me that was a sign we need to get rid of the diapers because she's even doing it consciously...

Any tips on this process? The challenges we're facing are that she shares a room with her sister, she so far doesn't get out of bed unless we come get her (she's capable of doing it in the daylight, but for some reason won't at bedtime or naptime, which has actually been a good thing so far). What are some of your stories?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 2:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe take the diapers away for naptime, but keep it for night time? I don't know. You could try taking it away at night too, but she's very young to be dry all night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Too young to go 10-11 hours without peeing, or too young to get herself up to go to the potty? Or do kids even do that?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My kids never got up to go. Either they were dry all night or had an accident.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son was day trained at 3.5 but not night trained until 5; I say night trained, but all I did was stop giving him pull-ups after two weeks dry at night. He still has the occational accident with too much to drink before bed time.

My dd was day trained at 2, and night trained at 2.5 Again, when she had two weeks of dry diapers I stopped using them. She hasn't had a night accident yet.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i dont think there is an tarining, my dd was daytime potty train at 24 mts and then when she was 29 mts she ddint wake up with a pee pull up for a month. so i decided to put her in underwear 24/7 and so far in 2 mts no accidents
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009