Question about supplements.

Hello. My son was diagnosed at 3 1/2 years old. He is now 5 and in Kindergarten. the curriculum is actually very easy for him however he really has difficulty paying attention. the teacher has to redirect him alot. Currently he is undergoing chelation and it really has paid off. The CF/GF diet is amazing and we have seen great results. However, I am afraid that this issue is going to overshadow his strengths. does anyone know of some good supplements to increase focus and attention? I do have a DAN! doctor but I wanted to go to my appointment with him with some ideas. I really need help.

bigmama96

Asked by bigmama96 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Diagnosed with what?
    Anonymous

• Essential Fatty Acids, especially the omega-3s, are excellent for everybody for neurological support and may help with attention, behavior, mood and much more.

Any other supplements will really depend on your child's specific symptoms and issues, plus any other comorbid disorders that may be present. Since you are working with a DAN! doc, and I'm assuming a reputable one, your DAN! should have already discussed a plan of attack with you, outlining his approach to treatment & general order of introduction of both testing & treatment options, including supplements, if indicated.
    Anonymous

• Sorry I forgot to write his diagnosis. It is PDD-NOS
    bigmama96

Answer by bigmama96 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If that DAN stuff is helping, stick with what the doctor recommends. Be proactive with the doctor and the school system. (be careful and make sure yours is reputable. Most of them aren't worth the paper their "degree" is printed on)

Unfortunately, you might have more trouble getting him help in school with a PDD-NOS diagnosis instead of ASD. Around here, PDD-NOS is considered a "bull shit" diagnosis. It's kind of "we see something is wrong, but we don't know what". I know....I'm dealing with it, too.
    Anonymous

• i can reccomad you a very good product for the kids . They are done by Harvard Medicine school doctors and have incredible results .
    write me an email and i tell you more

take care
    idealnutrition

Answer by idealnutrition at 9:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009