Handheld games? Leapster etc.????? Need help!

My daughter is wanting a handheld game for Christmas because she sees my friends son playing with one, which is a nintendo DS. She will be 4 in Dec. should I start her woth the Leapfrog Leapster? I know nothing about these things. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes! we have a leapster and my daughter loves it..plus its all educational games.. they even have a pink one if she is into that.. we love the tinkerbell game and dora.. but they have so many to pick from plus you can hook it to the internet and she can play online and they have great sales on leapfrog.com when you become a member
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My 4 year old is bored stiff with the games for the Leapster and absolutely loves his DS.
    Anonymous

• I would go with the Nintendo DS because you can get age appropriate educational games for now and it will grow with her. The leapster has a much more limited range of games and she will out grow the whole system instead of just outgrowing the games which you can trade toward new ones at so many used game stores.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009