How can I give my son a hair cut?

He always makes a fuss or starts crying and he's 6 yrs old thats too much. He takes it to far. Do I pinned him down or what? He says it hurts him but his dad is careful. And school pictures is coming up.

panda515

Asked by panda515 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• will he sit still for a stranger? my son did alot better at the barber shop than we me or hubby try to do it ourselves, hope that helps
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 3:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Rewards? Do you wrap a towel. my son gets fussy if the hair falls on his skin b/c it's itchy. Can you take him to a kid hair cutting place, and just let them try?
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 4:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My youngest son would never sit for a stranger with scissors in his hand until he was 2.5 - his big brother told him he's get a sucker at the end so that helped. But all my kids had masses of curly hair by the time they were 10 months old and I delayed it as long as I could, but at about 14 months I knew I needed to cut it (he had dread locks happening...). So I got creative - when he was having fun in the bath with his brother, I took out my little manicure scissors and basically snipped away, a curl at a time - it took me a few nights to get through it all, and at first he screeched but he soon got used to it. I did that until recently - now I make his dad take them to the barber and he can deal with it. But 6? I would use bribery.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009