Why do songs sometimes cut so deep to your heart and mean so much like they are telling your life story?

I just listened to a song that made me cry. It made me think about everything in my life and mostly my kids.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know EXACTLY what you mean. there were 3 songs in a row on the radio today and i thought the radio station might be stalking me! it just played out my life right now. i think when you HEAR how you are feeling in a song, you really recognize those emotions, and they are amplified. music can be powerful, reach into the soul. its amazing. for me, i listen to music from 4 years ago and it takes me back really hard... i have vivid memories, feelings, etc. its crazy! oh the nostalgia :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Anonymous

• I get that way too. If I'm alone in the car, I turn it up so loud and sing on the top of my lungs. Especially old Bruce Springsteen.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Right after my little cousin was hit and killed by a car, Alan Jackson's song Sissy's song came out and I couldn't hear it without breaking down! Every word spoke how my family was feeling and I still cry because I think of her baby who no longer has her mother.
    Anonymous

• Julia by the Beatles...makes me think of my DD Jules. Get's me every time. And Beautiful Boy by John Lennon makes me think of DS. It was playing as he was born. Now I want to go home and listen to them! (they're happy tears)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 3:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009