Carbohydrate Question??

My husband is a diabetic and I'm trying to find out how much carbs are in a 1 cup heavy whipping cream? Also does anyone know a good website that has a list of foods with how many carbs. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• You should be able to just look on the label.
    Food Item: Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
    Food Quantity: 1 tbsp
    Carbs: 0.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 0g
    Net Carbs: 0.5g
    So there are 8 g in an entire cup.
    The most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggest that about half of your daily calories come from carbohydrates. A person who eats approximately 2,000 calories per day should take in about about 250 grams of carbohydrates.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If you go to any bookstore you can find a carbohydrate gram counter book. As far as the wipping cream the carbo count should come in the container.

Answer by older at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Thanks annabel for that info. My container says less than 1 so that's why I was trying to find exactly how much.
    Anonymous

• Just keep in mind a diabetic shouldn't have the same number of carbs per day and a non diabetic. I'm a type 2 diabetic and stick to about 35-40 grams of carbs for each meal and about 15-20 for the two snacks. I have an average of 150 grams of carbs a day, if I had much more than that my BG levels would be too high
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009