How to lose the belly fat?

OK I'm trying to lose belly fat. My belly sticks out further then my boobs! I have tried eating a lot less but still keeping it healthy, I have been exercising everyday. I do 500 crunches a day and the last month or so have even started to do my crunches with 30 lbs of weights on me while doing those and still I can't lose anything in my middle area? Its not toned either and I am at a loss for what to do. Any idea's please? And no I haven't just had a baby I haven't had one for 12 years and this problem has only been going on for the last year and I have been working at trying to correct that for the last 9 months. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• actually you are doing sit ups and that is just making it worse you need to try to loose the fat before you do sit ups, sit ups are to tone and all you are doing is adding more muscle to your belly, try walking jogging if you can then when you loose some weight get you a ab lounger makes it really easy to do sit ups. i think that might be your problem
    Anonymous

• sit ups. might also be extra skin, and to get rid of that you will need surgery.
    Anonymous

• Also, drink water and cut out soft drinks.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OP here, I drink lots of water with a squeeze of lemon in it to make it taste better to me. Thanks for the idea tho.

I tried sit ups and still that didn't make a difference, was wondering about the extra skin thing but 10 inches of it? Is that possible? Seriously I would like to know.
    Anonymous

• stop eating carbs. do you eat bread, cereal, pasta, rice, cookies, etc. anything like that? if so, thats your problem. eat only protein, veggies & fruit and that should do it. worked for me. mega-t green tea pills are good too, they also have a gum, and celcius drinks - all sold at the GNC. & definatly keep working out your abs.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Cut out as many carbs and sugar as you can. That helped me a lot.

Work on your core. Yoga and exercises that help with balance can assist you.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 1:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You need to add some type of aerobic exercise. You don't want to just tighten the fat, you want to burn it off.

Answer by missanc at 7:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Try the Flat Belly Diet by Prevention, I heard good news fr. it but I haven't tried it yet. It might work. They say certain food can shrink your belly fat, like avocado, almonds etc. Try to google it.
    starbucks

Answer by starbucks at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• really, its all on what you eat. reseach fasting, thatll help greatly! but you have to have willpower. seriously. not just the occasional oh i need to lose weight in 2 days. RESEARCH. caloric restriction=less belly fat.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It sounds like you are doing everything you are supposed too, but your body may still be lugging around stuff in your system from before.

Look into fasting.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2009