To moms with a boy and girl....

What kind of differences was there in your pregnancies? I have a little boy already and tomorrow I go see what our next little one is. =) My pregnancies have been totally opposites and I am trying to figure out which one this is. Everyone keeps asking me and I honestly haven't the slightest idea. So, what was different between your girl and boy pregnancies?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first was a boy. I had practically no symptoms aside from extreme fatigue and a little food aversion. As I progressed, I had a huge appetite and would eat everything in sight, especially if it was sweet (when I said I wanted cake, I meant the whole cake, not a piece, lol). And I got huge; it looked like I'd stuffed a beach ball under my shirt.

My second was a girl. I had just about every symptom in the book -- fatigue, insomnia (yes, both, at the same time), nausea, sore boobs, etc. I had no appetite for my entire pregnancy (I could get a kid's meal, share it with my toddler, and there was still enough left for his lunch the next day). I couldn't stomach sweets at all. And I only gained 17 pounds.

They were like night and day. But I've heard people say the same thing about having two girls or two boys.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my daughter nothing i dont know why no sickness nuthn she came 3 days before due date
    my son nothing same with my daughter but he was 1 week an 6 days late
    an im pregnant with my 3rd i found out i was prego at 5 weeks due to sleeping way too much an sick sick sick an this one is a boy so it differs!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different.. The sex of the baby plays no role in how pregnancies go.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• all my pregnancies where diffrent my first was a girl and she was calm barly moved.. my son was a lil more active.. and then my third was a girl and let me tell you she kick all the time so i dont think you can tell by that..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I know every one is different. I'm just asking this for fun. As I said, I'll hopefully know tomorrow. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• it varies. i have a boy and pregnant with a girl. both are the same. with my son i ate alot of sweets and junk food and gained alot of weight and looked horrible! with this one, not much has changed. all the same. im carrying lower tho, my son was carried high. the only dif. i can tell is the heart beat the one im pregnant with is a low beat and my sons was really high like 160bpm.
    Anonymous

• i was a little more sick in the beginning with my son and i craved more protein rich foods and my back and hips hurt alot more with my son and with dd i had back labor with my ds it was back and front
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had 2 boys before I had a girl. I am glad just because it was fascinating to see how totally opposite the boys are AND their pregnancies!!! The only thing different with my daughter was that I carried her extremely high!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• With my daughter, I had morning sickness for maybe 1 week, I craved salty things, and w/ my son I had morning sickness for 15 long weeks and craved sweet things.
    ambergrace612

Answer by ambergrace612 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It's a Girl!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009