2nd baby

im thinking of having another baby, how hard was it, how long did you wait? just looking for stories of other moms with multiple babies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on your body. everyone is different
    Anonymous

• i waited until my dd was 2 and 1/2 before i got pregnant again so they're 3 years apart but my arthritis has gotten worse so it made the 2nd pregnancy harder
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i know, i just wanted to hear storeies, not really advice, like josiesmommy, thanks
    Anonymous

• #1 was just over 2 when #2 was born. it was a great age. it took us longer ttc than anticipated but all worked out in the end.

it was a completely different pregnancy than the first. as was #3. none have been the same, from the symptoms, weight gain, etc.

and all three deliveries were different. problems with #1, placenta broke apart with #2 and I ended up going itno shock 2days pp, #3 was perfect labour and delivery (despite being in unproductive labour for 6 weeks and having an induction)

there were miseries and there were joys in each.

good luck with your decision!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Started when my daughter was 2 1/2 yrs old. We had a few bumps in the road - 2 miscarriages- so it took us exactly a year. I am now 17 weeks along.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Mine are 22 months apart. I was glad I got pregnant when I did, before my oldest hit toddler-hood full force. But towards the end I was really freaking out, wondering how I was going to handle two kids when my son was my world. But all the anxiety ended up being for nothing; my son loves his baby sister to death, is always hugging and kissing on her and wanting to include her. He actually adjusted to her being around better and faster than I did.

It was hard at first, trying to take care of the baby while my toddler still wanted attention, but once we got into a routine, it was much easier. And I'm glad now that they're so close because even my toddler will pretty much grow up never having been an only child (he probably won't remember much if any of the first almost two years; I know I don't).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i can only go a short way. lol. i'm 7-8 weeks pregnant with my second. my son is 2. so far, i have been a lot more sick with this pregnancy than with my first. :| hopefully it doesn't last too long. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2009